I stood there
in the spot where we reunited
the place that became near and dear
in a town we both called home
I stood there
feeling the season change
remembering that warm summer day
while wearing a down vest
I stood there
smiling at the memory that made this spot
a spot of significance
the natural embrace you greeted me with
I stood there
breathing you in
my solitude did not feel your absence
because you were there with me in my heart
I stood there
charting our path in my mind
imagining where we went
wanting to hold your hand
I stood there
hoping to feel a tap on my shoulder
hoping to hear your voice
hoping to see you again
I stood there
in that spot
I snapped a picture of the view
that spot will never be the same
I stood there
feeling special and loved
knowing we are just getting started
you and I
I stood there
in the past
today
and I will stand there again
No comments:
Post a Comment