Sunday, October 27, 2013

Argue Quick

I do not like to argue
Especially with you
Let's make this a quick one
There are better things to do

Getting along and making it work
That's what friends do
Understanding conflict and disagreement
Apologizing, empathizing, compromising

Today we argued and that's okay
There is still one thing I've yet to say
You have helped me smile and grow
Deep inside I think you know

Why I am scared to talk some more
Afraid that you may close the door
But I feel that you understand
And that we feel alike

Playing it safe is not enough
We're holding back instead of being tough
The better chance would be so surreal
Because it's what I've been dreaming for years

I'm glad to be this scared
Not many get the privilege
Lucky for me you scare me a lot
And that's perfect

Who would want the next best thing
If they already know what's best
There is no change of plans you see
Cause you're the only one who has my key


No comments:

Post a Comment