To migrate doesn't mean to vanish
I would never banish you, the place I will always call home
It may seem a risky leap to take
I will return, in just a fortnight by flight
I can't be afraid to travel because of you
will you all still be here when I come back
I know you want me to have my adventures, as do I
but what makes it difficult is that you are the ones who got me to this point
I feel like I'm leaving you behind but I need to live my dream and you'll tell me to go
you'll always be the wind beneath my wings
I know you can't hold my hand forever
a trip home may come at an expense
Dollars are by no means an end
I can have them, but I can also make the most of it
Please know I know my decision will be hard on us all
but just remember, far is near
No comments:
Post a Comment